- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
TELEVISAUNIVISION LOCAL MEDIA
Job Title: On-Air Talent
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Content Director
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job Number: PHX-22-04
Univision Arizona seeks an On-Air Talent to host community and integrated segments. The On-Air Talent position is a versatile on-air “personality” focusing on being a creative storyteller; and can develop different narratives and interviews geared towards a broad variety of guests/subjects.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for creating, writing, and delivering creative elements on-air, including attention-grabbing topics/issues for the show.
• Follow designated show format.
• Perform activities which will include producing content for Univision websites and Social Media pages and promoting various company accounts.
• Always maintain compliance with FCC regulations, including awareness of prohibited language on-air.
• Research information as requested for show.
• Create bits and/or stunts to be used during the show, as appropriate.
• Dj Mixing on air and at events/clubs and remote locations
• Air music as scheduled and as provided by the Content Director.
• Air all liners, promos and commercials as logged.
• Operate system board efficiently, including making necessary stop breaks and timely announcements, including sponsorships and name mentions.
• Creative production and editing of commercials (voiceovers) for clients and station as directed by Production Manager.
• Create and write copy as assigned.
• Works with the traffic department to ensure all commercial copy is correct and dates and times of airing are as provided by sales.
• Meets with clients when necessary to prepare commercials on and off site.
• Assist in the development and carrying out of station and on-air promotions.
• Follow contest rules and station rules regarding station contests.
• Participation in remotes and van hits as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
• Live appearances/broadcasts on location as assigned by Content Director/Promotions Supervisor.
• Post on social media as scheduled and as provided by the Content Director/Sales.
• Participation and involvement within the community.
• Drive to events/remotes and other special occasions, as needed.
• Produce timely, complete, and accurate reports, as requested.
• Special attention to deadlines.
• Regular attendance and punctuality.
• Other duties as deemed necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
• High School Diploma required
• Ability to work with all levels of management
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook software packages
• Knowledge of programming and production software (i.e. Zetta, Audition, Console Production, Collateral Hardware, and Music Master)
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Desired Skills & Experience
• Enthusiastic, dedicated, and self-motivated
• Problem solving skills
• Good organizational skills
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Must have adequate transportation for driving.
• Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and a good driving record
Necessary Language Skills
• Must have excellent ability to speak, read and write in Spanish.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Employment/education will be verified.
• Must be willing to work from locations in AZ, fully onsite, remote, and/or hybrid.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Please apply: https://corporate.televisaunivision.com/careers/
Univision – Arizona TV & Radio stations, an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to ensuring a diverse workforce by providing broad outreach to all qualified applicants regarding job vacancies at the station. Organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers or provide employment referrals that wish to receive notices of our job vacancies may do so by contacting Univision at email@example.com Attention: EOE
To apply for this job please visit corporate.televisaunivision.com.