- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
Website UNIVISION ARIZONA
Univision Television Group is seeking a News Producer for their local newscast in the Arizona Markets to produce award-winning content for the Spanish language broadcast network and its digital platform.
Candidate will need to possess a strong understanding of compelling storytelling across all platforms, production workflows and be able to lead in high stress situations. Strong preference is given to individuals with market experience or an understanding of Phoenix/Tucson area Hispanics demographics, geography and newsmakers in the market.
In preparation for the daily news coverage leading to show time, News Producer will coordinate the technical and editorial needs in order to deliver the editorial teams’ strategic vision by working hand in hand with reporters, writers, anchors, cameramen, assignment desk editors, technical directors, engineers and news management. News Producer must have a very strong command of Spanish language and will be required to write and edit scripts for grammar and news accuracy.
Reporting to the News Director, the News Producer is ultimately charged with delivering all production elements of the newscast to be ready for and to drive decision making once live on air and delivers all the elements of a newscast (packages, video, graphics, etc.) and compiles them into a cohesive show. Candidate should be very familiar with digital technology and social media and be committed to continue advancing their skills in a changing environment. News Producer will also work alongside News Director to implement winning strategies in story selection and promotional material. Candidates should be results driven, detail oriented and committed to provide excellence with a strong sense of commitment to empower and inform the community in the role as a journalist.
• Prepare rundown; assign, write, review and edit all news scripts; control quality of copy, video and graphics to ensure a high-quality newscast.
• Create graphics as needed for shows.
• Maintain highest standards of integrity in preproduction and execution of daily newscast(s).
• Think creatively, maintain a fast pace, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including live remotes, social media channels and satellite sources while acting as line producer.
• Provide content for the station’s websites and social media channels.
• Responsible for writing and production of news briefs and promos.
• Able to make quick, smart decisions in conjunction with other members of a news team.
• Present a visually captivating and journalistically strong command of editorial standards, ethics and legal matters pertaining to broadcast.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a major news market.
• Working knowledge of newsroom operation system (iNews, vizRT).
• Must be bilingual with the ability to write fluently in Spanish and English.
• Must be comfortable leading a control room environment during live broadcasts.
• Able to work in a team environment to produce newscasts, specials and breaking news.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Preferred experience and/or understanding of the Phoenix/Tucson marketplace.
• Some knowledge of ratings and market data is a plus.
• Must be willing to work from office in Phoenix, AZ.
• Employment/education will be verified
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Please apply through our Univision Careers Webpage: http://corporate.univision.com/corporate/careers/ Univision Radio and TV stations – Arizona, equal opportunity employer, is dedicated to ensuring a diverse workforce by providing broad outreach to all qualified applicants regarding job vacancies at the station. Organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers or provide employment referrals that wish to receive notices of our job vacancies may do so by contacting Univision at (602) 232-3600
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit corporate.univision.com.