- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
Job Title: News Editor
Job #: PHX-21-17
Reports to: News Director
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Univision Arizona’s News Department is seeking a motivated, experienced, organized and project-focused Editor. The ideal candidate must love shooting and editing breaking news, daily news stories, special reports, and sports stories. Our photographers and editors work in a collaborative and supportive role with our news producers and reporters. This position requires competency editing video using non-linear, computer-based editing equipment and an ability to edit material to match scripts prepared by reporters and producers. The candidate must adapt to our mission statement and Univision Arizona’s Promise of value.
· Editing news stories using AVID non-linear editing equipment.
· Ability to work both as a team and independently.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
· Provide pictures and short/snap videos for our Social Media platforms.
· Ability to cut video quickly, in order to serve all platforms under tight deadlines.
· Set up and operate LiveU streaming equipment.
· Be able to work various shifts and times.
· Edit and prepare video for newscasts as assigned using server-based editing and playback system.
· Archiving and cleaning edit stations on a consistent basis to keep system functional.
· Assist in other duties as needed for the operation, including audio, graphics, and technical directing.
· Perform routine maintenance and light troubleshooting on equipment.
· Assist with news production and assignment desk as assigned.
· Work with technical staff to satisfy production needs for shows, under supervision of Producer, Director, and Technical Director.
Required Skills & Experience
· Minimum six months experience in Television broadcast news operation or similar environment.
· Personal computer experience required including non-linear editing (Avid).
· Candidate must be able to multi-task, communicate effectively, be self-motivated, well-organized and have excellent interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends, holidays, and early shifts.
· Proficient in live studio, remote operation and switcher
· Storytelling and problem-solving skills.
· Must have an Arizona Driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
Desired Skills & Experience
· College degree or trade school certification.
· Ability to work well under extreme deadlines and multi-task in order to excel in fast-paced deadline driven environment.
· Highly organized, critical-thinker, high regard for details.
· Ability to prioritize, self-start and meet tight deadlines.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Employment and/or education will be verified.
· Must be willing to work from locations in AZ, fully onsite, remote, and/or hybrid.
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to drive a Company vehicle.
Univision requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Please apply to: https://univision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Phoenix-AZ/News-Editor_R010465
Univision Arizona is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to ensuring a diverse workforce by providing broad outreach to all qualified applicants regarding job vacancies at the station. Organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers or provide employment referrals that wish to receive notices of our job vacancies may do so by contacting Univision at email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit univision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.