- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
Website Univision Arizona
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY NOTICE
Job Title: Multimedia Journalist
Job #: PHX-21-10
Supervisor: News Director
Department: Local Media News
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Univision Arizona is seeking a Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) to carry on the Univision mission of informing, educating, and empowering our Hispanic audience. The successful candidate should be proud of the commitment of serving our local community. As an MMJ, they will cover news in Arizona, and will be responsible for generating story ideas, as well as making and maintaining contacts with community leaders, government officials, and local authorities. The MMJ must present reports in a clear, concise, objective manner; as well as present enterprising stories and sweeps series ideas. The MMJ must be a team player with solid news judgment and must be a “one-person band” to complete a story from beginning to end. Must be able to work independently with the camera, write, edit own story, and interact with the viewers through all the Univision media platforms. The MMJ must follow guidance of coverage align to our Univision Arizona Mission statement and Promise of Value (POV).
• Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report, and edit assigned stories daily and establish Live shots as needed.
• Post video, pictures and stories to website, Facebook, and other social media outlets under the direction of our Digital content producers.
• Maintain strong familiarity with local, state, and national news and events across our coverage area.
• Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with coworkers
• supervisors and the community at large.
• Must have the ability to work independently while out in the field and under various weather elements.
• Maintain close communication with News Director and Producers on their story progress to review news elements and scripts.
• Other duties as deemed necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Candidate must be completely fluent in English/Spanish, with superior written/spoken Spanish language skills.
• Applicant must be able to use newsroom computer systems and applications (both hardware/software).
• Knowledge of iNews, video editing (such as Avid, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut), and file sharing systems preferred.
• High ethical and journalistic standards are required.
• Candidate must have functional to advanced knowledge in the use of field cameras, gear and editing systems.
• Candidate must be able to make sound decisions while working under extreme deadlines and must have the ability to follow directions and incorporate constructive criticism into work results.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Experience: 1-year newsroom experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be
• Education: BA degree (communications, journalism, television broadcasting preferred).
• Ability to sit, stand and walk for up to (8) hours without restrictions. Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds for extended periods of time. The MMJ must follow company policy related to Covid working restrictions.
• Must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Univision requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Employment/education will be verified.
• Must be willing to work from office in Phoenix, AZ, fully onsite, remote, and/or hybrid.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage: http://corporate.univision.com/corporate/careers/
Univision Arizona is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to ensuring a diverse workforce by providing broad outreach to all qualified applicants regarding job vacancies at the station. Organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers or provide employment referrals that wish to receive notices of our job vacancies may do so by contacting us via fax at (602) 396-4020; Attn: EEO Officer.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit corporate.univision.com.