- Full Time
- PHOENIX, AZ
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY NOTICE
Job Title: Broadcast Engineer
Job #: PHX-21-11
Supervisor: Director of Technology
Location: Phoenix, AZ
The Broadcast Engineer participates in the installation, maintenance and repair of TV and Radio studio/transmitter equipment to maintain competitive signals in the market while complying with all FCC technical requirements. Responsibilities include maintaining telecommunications, computers, networking systems and integrating platforms for online content.
- Maintains station operation through preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Establishes and follows routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment.
- Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal, laws.
- Performs necessary measurements of equipment performance.
- Installs and performs maintenance on control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
- Provides maintenance and support of computer networks and related systems.
- Basic HVAC troubleshooting and operational maintenance, including water cooling systems.
- Works with Radio programing, TV news and Operations department to maintain broadcast equipment as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Basic knowledge of applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Computer literacy in applicable software packages (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, radio and television automation, etc.)
- Working knowledge of computer networking technology.
- Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair high-power FM and TV transmitting facilities.
- Familiarity with RCS and Avid software/hardware products a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of generators and UPS systems.
- Ability to read and interpret design documentation, including elevations, connection drawings and schematics.
- Capable of operating four-wheel drive and off-road vehicles.
- Interact with management and staff at all levels.
EDUCATION & LICENSING REQUIRMENTS
• Associate Degree in Electronics, Communications, or equivalent combination of education, Military training in electronics/communications technology and work-related experience.
• Minimum 3 years Broadcast experience with TV/Radio Studio and transmission facilities.
• SBE Certification preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record required.
· May require lifting or moving up to 50 lbs.
· May require climbing ladders and working on elevated surfaces (e.g. rooftops).
· Requires good manual dexterity for soldering, use of hand tools and working on small components.
· Able to sit for extended periods of time.
· Ability to be on-call to respond to transmission systems failures at remote transmitting locations.
Univision requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Employment/education will be verified.
· Must be willing to work from locations in AZ, fully onsite, remote, and/or hybrid.
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage: https://univision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Phoenix-AZ/Broadcast-Engineer_R009982
Univision Arizona is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to ensuring a diverse workforce by providing broad outreach to all qualified applicants regarding job vacancies at the station. Organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers or provide employment referrals that wish to receive notices of our job vacancies may do so by contacting us via fax at (602) 396-4020; Attn: EEO Officer.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit univision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.