ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY
September 14, 2021 by Comments Off on ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY
- Full Time
- PHOENIX, AZ
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY NOTICE
Job Title: Assistant Director of Technology
Job #: PHX-21-09
Supervisor: Director of Technology
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Assistant Director of Technology
Univision Local Media in Phoenix Arizona is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, hands-on Assistant Director of Technology. The Assistant Director of Technology participates in the installation, maintenance and repair of TV and Radio studio/transmitter equipment to maintain competitive signals in the market while complying with all FCC technical requirements. Responsibilities include maintaining telecommunications equipment, computers, networking systems and integrating platforms for online content.
• Maintains and develops preventive maintenance routines for TV/Radio Studio, Production, News Gathering, Compression, and Transmission Systems
• Supports DOT with supervision of engineering staff.
• Performs necessary measurements of Broadcast Equipment per established industry best practices to ensure FCC compliance and reliability.
• Provides maintenance and support of computer networks and related systems.
• Basic MEP troubleshooting and operational maintenance, including water cooling systems.
• Works with Radio programing, TV news and Operations departments to address critical equipment and operational needs.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, OSHA, and federal, laws.
• Must have the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays and on short notice if needed.
PLANNING, GROWTH, & ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES:
• Help develop short and long-term plans to support the growth of the stations’ capabilities in accordance with business needs, corporate plans, and changing market requirements.
• Help develop strategies and scenarios for the digital broadcasting evolution within our facilities.
• In concert with the DOT, research emerging technologies and develops plans articulating new service opportunities for the stations.
• Provides input to the DOT working as a team regarding needs of the Engineering department, maintenance priorities, project planning, and the overall station capital and operating expenditure requirements of the TV and Radio Stations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair high-power FM and TV transmitting facilities.
• Good understanding of applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Computer literacy in applicable software packages (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, radio, and television automation, etc.).
• Working knowledge of computer networking technology.
• Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level.
• Familiarity with RCS, Avid, and Ross Overdrive software/hardware products a plus.
• Must have excellent communication skills and excellent team leadership skills.
• Spanish a plus.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Knowledge of critical MEP systems and their maintenance requirements.
• Ability to read and interpret design documentation, including elevations, connection drawings and schematics.
EDUCATION & LICENSING REQUIREMENTS:
• BSEE, BS-Information Technology/Computer Science or ASEE or equivalent relevant Broadcast Industry experience.
• Technical training or experience with a substantial record of successful work in Broadcast or directly related allied industries.
• FCC General Class License, SBE Certifications, Computer Networking certifications (Comp TIA+ or CCNA), and VMWare certification desired.
• Seven (7) years Television and/or Radio Broadcast Engineering leadership role experience managing 24x7x365 Engineering Teams with a proven record of success in broadcast facility management.
• Excellent communication skills and excellent team leadership skills.
• Extensive knowledge of studio, computers, production systems, and all standard accepted engineering principles and practices are required.
• Valid government issued driver’s license.
• May require lifting or moving up to 50 lbs.
• May require climbing ladders and working on elevated surfaces (e.g., rooftops).
• Requires good manual dexterity for soldering, use of hand tools and working on small components.
• Able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to be on-call to respond to transmission systems failures at remote transmitting locations.
Univision requires that all U.S. and Puerto Rico employees be vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to submit proof of vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will reasonably accommodate a qualified candidate, who may be unable to be vaccinated, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Employment/education will be verified.
• Must be willing to work from locations in AZ, fully onsite, remote, and/or hybrid.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage: http://corporate.univision.com/corporate/careers/
Univision Arizona is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to ensuring a diverse workforce by providing broad outreach to all qualified applicants regarding job vacancies at the station. Organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers or provide employment referrals that wish to receive notices of our job vacancies may do so by contacting us via fax at (602) 396-4020; Attn: EEO Officer.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit corporate.univision.com.