- Full Time
The News Department at TelevisaUnivision is looking for a Meteorologist to join our team!
Our meteorologists are aggressive when covering active weather, keeping our audience informed across
multiple platforms. They work in a collaborative and supportive role with our news producers, reporters,
photographers and with the local meteorologists at the National Weather Service.
You should be certified, and love weather and meteorology. You must be an excellent communicator,
possess commanding and professional on-camera presence with top-notch judgment.
• Produce and effectively present specific daily forecast.
• Develop strategies for multiple dayparts, identifying opportunities to produce content for
• Clearly communicate weather forecast and risk for potential active weather across platforms.
• Conceive creative graphics and execute them on air and online.
• Coordinate with news department to produce news coverage of active weather events in
• Produce and share content specifically designed for digital platforms.
• Follow guidance of coverage to align to our Univision Arizona mission statement and Promise of
• College degree in meteorological sciences or equivalent technical training in a meteorologyrelated institutional setting.
• A candidate with a Journalism degree will also be considered. If hired, this person will need to
sign an agreement to complete a Bachelor of Science in Meteorology or equivalent training,
which will be paid by the company thorough its Tuition Reimbursement program.
• 2+ years of experience as a meteorologist, on-air in small to medium size markets.
• Well-versed in the latest weather technology, including WSI Max.
• CBM/NWA seal is desired.
• Knowledge of synoptic meteorology, tropical and radar forecasting tools.
• Must be able to work in outdoor and inclement weather conditions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Flexibility to work any shift including overnight, weekends and holidays.
• Must be willing to travel as needed.
TelevisaUnivision believes that a happy, well-balanced employee is what makes our culture thrive. We
offer a wide selection of perks and benefits including PTO; tuition reimbursement; wellness and
employee support programs; 401K; and life and other insurance plans. This is all in addition to our
comprehensive and competitive health benefits package featuring medical, dental and vision coverage
To apply for this job please visit univision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.