- Full Time
Website Univision Arizona
Job Title: Director of Technology
Reports to: Senior Director of Technology & President and General Manager
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job Number: PHX-20-07
Director of Technology
Univision is seeking a talented highly motivated, experienced, hands-on Director of Technology (DOT) to manage and support the market’s TV and Radio studio and transmission installations. Exceptional team management, organizational and communication skills are required. Responsibilities include the design, installation and maintenance (both hardware/software) of the station’s engineering infrastructure which supports all aspects of Studio News and Radio production, Remote Radio production/activations, News ENG, RF transmission systems, air-chain and Master Control, Broadcast IT infrastructure, and facility MEP/environmental support and management based in Phoenix, AZ.
The successful candidate will organize and schedule all local media engineering personnel activities (Radio & TV) to support the technical operation and performance of the stations as well as establish and maintain technical quality standards and best practices. The DOT will assure that Station and transmitter(s) operations meet Federal Communications Commission Rules and Regulations and maintain all pertinent and FCC required documentation related to the facility. This includes maintaining FCC licenses in good standing for Broadcast, land mobile, satellite and microwave systems. The candidate must demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and expertise of modern Radio and TV studio production workflows and technologies, ENG News gathering workflows and technologies, and possess experience with operating and maintaining high power digital TV and FM Radio Transmitters, antenna systems, and facilities. This individual must be a strategic, self-starter, and a collaborator willing to learn and share ideas.
· Manage the technical integrity of the stations through the development and execution of a preventative maintenance program and timely, efficient response to daily defective systems reports and Production Departments requests.
· Maintain positive and proactive communication on all technology related issues and initiatives by providing routine updates to the local Department Leads and GM/President of the market.
· Oversee the daily maintenance of all Studio and Broadcast transmission facilities. Organize and establish Engineering Dept. schedules to provide daily Technical Broadcast and some IT support to other station departments.
· Perform day-to-day supervision of Staff and Per-Diem Broadcast Engineers which will include: Hiring and evaluations, collection and verification of timesheets, vacation requests and other administrative duties as needed.
· Support the requirements of intense daily News operations including Live Trucks, ENG sites, and Newsroom content and Editorial systems.
· Help determine project and task priorities in concert with Operations Department Leads and local President & General Manager.
· Leverage available technology to affect and improve operating efficiencies.
· Design and Implement new facilities, equipment, workflows, and infrastructure to meet Station and Corporate technology goals.
· Maintain compliance with FCC, OSHA and other local or state regulatory requirements.
· Establish a working relationship with cable and satellite providers to assure robust, reliable, high quality signal availability to their systems for redistribution.
· Partner with market Finance Lead to create and manage Operating and Capital budgets.
· Maintain and update documentation for all systems.
· Attends Station-sponsored and industry events as needed.
· Performs other duties as assigned and/or required by Regional Director of Engineering and/or Corporate Technology Group.
· Help Develop short and long-term plans to support the growth of the station’s capabilities in accordance with business needs, corporate plans, and changing market requirements.
Required Skills & Experience
· BSEE, BS-Information Technology/Computer Science or ASEE or equivalent relevant Broadcast Industry experience.
· Technical training or experience with a substantial record of successful work in Broadcast or directly related allied industries.
· FCC General Class License, SBE Certifications, Computer Networking certifications (Comp TIA+ or CCNA), and VMWare certification desired.
· Minimum seven (7) years Television and/or Radio Broadcast Engineering leadership role experience managing 24x7x365 Engineering Teams, including supervisory roles with a proven record of success in broadcast facility management.
· Excellent communication skills and excellent team leadership skills.
· Extensive knowledge of studio, computers, production systems, and all standard accepted engineering principles and practices are required.
· Experience maintaining TV and/or Radio transmission facilities.
· Must be willing to work from office in Phoenix, AZ
· Employment/education will be verified
· Must have the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays and on short notice as needed and as part of on-call broadcast-critical escalation.
· Must have a valid Arizona state driver’s license with a good driving record.
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Ability to lift up to (50) lbs. Ability to stand, walk, climb, bend, reach, and sit up to (8) hours.
For our company policy regarding the use of Social Media platforms, please select here for English, or here for Spanish.
Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage:
Univision Phoenix – Radio and TV, an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to ensuring a diverse workforce by providing broad outreach to all qualified applicants regarding job vacancies at the station. Organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job seekers or provide employment referrals that wish to receive notices of our job vacancies may do so by contacting Univision at firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com