Multimedia Journalist (Job #58399BR)
January 21, 2021 by Comments Off on Multimedia Journalist (Job #58399BR)
- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
Telemundo Arizona is currently looking for an individual with a comprehensive understanding of television news production, with an outstanding writing and verbal communications skills. Individual must also have knowledge of the Edius editing system, and camera operation.
· Journalist is responsible for news coverage of Tucson and its surrounding cities and counties.
· This individual will be responsible for shooting, writing and editing daily stories, as well as gather material to contribute to building the rundown.
· Individual will also be responsible to assist in the production of the live broadcast.
· Responsibilities also include keeping up to date on current events and news in our state.
· Video Journalist will be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
· Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television
· Be informed on news events locally and nationally
· Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories
· Assist producer in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news investigations, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas
· Upload content to website and help with live OTT/Digital live streams when needed.
· Record & Edit stories for fellow MMJs, help with live shots & special projects (20%-30% of the week)
· Through the creative use of the camera, sound, lighting and editing, will provide the viewer with a story on a given topic.
· Will operate camera, live truck & Dejero technology, and editing equipment for news, sales and promotions.
· Respond quickly to breaking news while taking direction and interacting with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room, and appropriate NBC personnel.
· Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on-air situations
· Work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
· A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
· Candidate must work effectively with other in a team-oriented environment
· Independent problem solving & multi-tasking
· Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to considered at nbcunicareers.com
· Minimum of 1-2 years of experience as an MMJ preferred; BS/BA in journalism/ Communications
· Must have strong Spanish writing & verbal skills
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
· Must be willing to work in Tucson location
· Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
· Must be willing to travel
· Must have excellent driving record and active driver’s license.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 30 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
To apply for this job please visit www.nbcunicareers.com.