Marketing Specialist (Job #56651BR)
August 27, 2020 by Comments Off on Marketing Specialist (Job #56651BR)
- Full Time
The Marketing Specialist helps the Creative Services Department coordinate the execution of on- and off-air campaigns including print, radio, outdoor and digital media. This position will work closely with the Creative Services Director to create and execute fresh and relevant imaging for the station. This position reports to the Creative Services Director.
• Helps coordinate projects, such as on-air campaigns for local news shows as well as community initiatives that will increase ratings and brand awareness
• Participate in creative brainstorming sessions to develop marketing campaigns, concepts and materials such as brochures, guides, web banners, flyers, advertising campaigns, promotional campaigns, premiums, etc.
• Develop concepts and copy for press releases, presentations, brochures and e-marketing materials.
• Assist with brainstorming, planning and execution with special Network initiatives.
• Maximizes local station promotional inventory by placing station on-air promotional spots strategically on a daily basis
• Posts and develop content on station website and social media platforms
• Spearheads every aspect of station’s sweepstakes and promotions: writing, requesting rules & regulations from our legal counsel, submitting production requests for creative, reconciling winners, and recapping campaign success
• Helps fulfill and maximize trade/partnership commitments
• Coordinates execution of consumer marketing and B2B grassroots event activations.
• Drafts and edits marketing partnership proposals and adapts them to a variety of formats for different audiences
• Keeps an updated calendar with event dates, anticipates and coordinates their activation accordingly by identifying resources necessary for their maximization and execution (marketing collateral, promotional giveaways, scheduling of street team and on-air talent)
• Supervise and train the Telemundo Arizona Brand Ambassador Team
• Pays close attention to network on-air programming launches and timelines to help launch properties successfully. Gathers and requests assets needed for all programming rollout throughout the year
• Works closely with the Creative Services Director in order to maximize in-house and external media partnership marketing resources
• Oversee local, non-traditional /OOH marketing strategies and campaigns and communicate opportunities to improve coverage on media trade publications. (Sweeps, Station Events, Station Initiatives, Festivals and press releases).
• Community affairs liaison
• Coordinates in-house station on-air productions
• Ensures promos are delivered on time for on-air start date
• Help maintain quarterly promotional inventory and budget.
• Must be able to fluently read, write and speak Spanish
• Possess strong writing skills, both English and Spanish
• Superior written and oral communication skills with copy writing capabilities; flawless grammar & orthography
• Background in Production, Graphic Design, Communications or Marketing related degree or equivalent professional qualification
• Minimum of 3+ years of related experience
• Candidate must have a working knowledge of properly using promotional inventory, manage and maintain promotional traffic logs
• Candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be detail-minded with the ability to handle tight deadlines, work well under pressure and prioritize multiple projects.
• Must be creative and have knowledge on how to create marketing/branding campaigns and cutting-edge multiplatform marketing solution
• Strong digital and social media experience
• Must have a great attitude and be a strong team player.
• Must work well with other departments
• Experience with sales driven promotions resulting in station ROI
• Experience evaluating advertising and grass roots programs
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Photoshop
• Organizational skills – must possess proactive planning and solid project management skills
• Strong attention to detail in a high-volume environment that requires extensive multi-tasking and multiple deadlines
• Ability to manage cross-functional relationships and collaborate in a creative, team-oriented environment
• Comprehension of on-air promos structure including format, timing, breaks and promo tune-in tags is a plus
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must be willing to travel, work weekends, Holidays and accommodate various changing work schedules to meet deadlines at a short notice
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be willing to work at the Telemundo Phoenix station
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Be available to work a flexible schedule
• Must have a valid Driver’s License with an excellent driving record
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 30 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit www.nbcunicareers.com.