Bilingual Multimedia Journalist (Job # 56676BR)
August 31, 2020 by Comments Off on Bilingual Multimedia Journalist (Job # 56676BR)
- Full Time
Telemundo Arizona is looking for a highly motivated bilingual Journalist with a comprehensive understanding of innovative storytelling skills to create local original news stories for Noticiero Telemundo Arizona, and our NBC-LX news channel. The journalist will research, produce, shoot, interview, edit and deliver compelling, contextual coverage in English and Spanish format on deadline while capturing quality visual content. Contributes in coordinating coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials.
- Reports to Vice President of News
- Responsible for news coverage in Phoenix, Arizona, with coverage extending to around the state.
- Will report on air for Telemundo and NBC-LX as needed
- Ability to fluently read, write, speak, and understand English & Spanish.
- Deliver news reports, including live stories demonstrating confidence, energy with a professional appearance and voice quality
- Write, shoot and edit news stories for an assigned newscast or news specials
- Combine video, audio and graphics to enhance storytelling effectively. Documentary-Film production experience is a plus.
- Works with a photographer on occasion
- Will use SNG technology to go live
- Work with assignment desk editors and production staff and independently in the news-gathering process
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts that provide access to enterprise reporting
- Manage general upkeep of assigned company equipment
- Responsible for representing NBCU-Telemundo in a professional manner
- Establish a community presence outside of the newscasts and participates in station events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in journalism/ Communications or minimum two-year reporting experience.
- Strong English and Spanish grammar and vocabulary
- Work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines
- Work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment
- Independent problem solving & multitasking
- Must be able to travel and work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Flexibility in schedule to work long hours, weekends and/or holidays as needed
- Must be willing to work in Phoenix, Arizona
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must have an active driver’s license and excellent driving record
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 30 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit www.nbcunicareers.com.