Bilingual Multimedia Journalist (Job #63547BR)
September 7, 2021 by Comments Off on Bilingual Multimedia Journalist (Job #63547BR)
- Full Time
- Phoenix, Arizona
Telemundo Arizona is looking for a highly motivated bilingual Journalist with a comprehensive understanding of innovative storytelling skills to create local original news stories for Noticiero Telemundo Arizona, and our digital/OTT properties. The journalist will research, produce, shoot, interview, edit and deliver compelling, contextual coverage in English and Spanish format on deadline while capturing quality visual content. Contributes in coordinating coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials.
· Responsible for news coverage in Phoenix, Arizona, with coverage extending to around the state.
· Will report on air for Telemundo and NBC-LX as needed.
· Ability to fluently read, write, speak, and understand English & Spanish.
· Delivers news reports, including live stories demonstrating confidence, energy with a professional appearance and voice quality
· Write, shoot and edit news stories for an assigned newscast or news specials
· Combine video, audio and graphics to enhance storytelling effectively. Documentary-Film production experience is a plus.
· Works with a photographer on occasion
· Will use SNG technology to go live
· Work with assignment desk editors and production staff and independently in the news-gathering process
· Develop and maintain a network of contacts that provide access to enterprise reporting
· Manage general upkeep of assigned company equipment
· Responsible for representing NBCU-Telemundo in a professional manner
· Establish a community presence outside of the newscasts and participates in station events
· Perform other duties as assigned
· BS/BA in journalism/ Communications or minimum two-year reporting experience.
· Strong English and Spanish grammar and vocabulary
· Work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines
· Candidate must work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment
· Independent problem solving & multitasking
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
· Must be able to travel and work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
· Must be willing to work in Phoenix, Arizona & weekends.
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
· Must have a good driving record and active driver’s license
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
To apply for this job please visit www.nbcunicareers.com.