Multi-Media Journalist (Job #51496517)
August 22, 2022 by Comments Off on Multi-Media Journalist (Job #51496517)
- Full Time
- Tucson, Arizona
TelemundoAZ Telemundo Arizona
Telemundo Arizona is looking for an individual with a comprehensive understanding of television news production, outstanding writing and verbal communications skills, and on-camera reporting. Individuals must also be knowledgeable of INews, Edius editing system, and camera operation.
- This individual will be responsible for shooting, writing, and editing daily stories, as well as gathering material to contribute to building the rundown.
- This person is responsible and must be able to set up, operate and manage live shots on their own.
- File stories to be used in our OTT (Over the Top) Platforms.
- Write, produce, and present fair and accurate news stories, as well as feature stories.
- Be well informed about news events locally and nationally.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
- Investigate information to establish facts and determine truth.
- Gather information on newsworthy events and write, produce, and present fair, accurate, and unbiased news stories as assigned.
- Be responsible for providing on-air news including both in the studio and frequent field shoots.
- Draft stories, headlines, and news updates for television, online and digital platforms.
- Write, produce, and present fair, accurate, and unbiased news stories as assigned through the creative use of the video camera and proficient lighting and editing skills.
- Present newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner.
- Responsible for the presentation of breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts.
- Responsibilities also include keeping up to date on current events and news in our state.
- Assist producer in establishing sources, finding, executing enterprise news investigations, building, and maintaining a strong list of story ideas on a year-round basis, including long-term deeper digging stories and quicker turns, document acquisition, and paper trails.
- Send an email daily to the assignment desk with at least three-enterprise story proposals.
- Able to make phone calls to set up interviews. These calls may happen outside of regular working hours.
- Be able to work nights and weekends.
- Work cooperatively as a team member under tight daily deadlines.
- Gather news information and prepare for the presentation on the newscast and all digital platforms.
- Multi-Media journalists will be expected to participate in community and station events. From time to time this person will also participate as emcee and/or Host as requested by the station.
- Minimum 1 year of experience shooting with HD Cam.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with film or video lighting.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a reporter in a Spanish top 50 broadcast television market.
- Flexibility concerning scheduling and/or assigned work shifts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and the internet.
- Possess an elevated level of motivation with a strong belief in creative ideas plus the skills and confidence to express them.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of the current broadcast and digital media landscape.
- Assist producer in establishing sources, finding, and executing enterprise news investigations, building, and maintaining a strong list of story ideas.
- Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on-air situations.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
- A prominent level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered at nbcunicareers.com
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a photojournalist BS/BA in journalism/ Communications.
- Must have independent problem solving & multi-tasking.
- Must be able to work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have an excellent driving record and active driver’s license.
- Must have strong Spanish writing & verbal skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7 news environment in addition to standard hours.
- Must be willing to work weekends with short notice, night and weekend work is frequent.
- Must be willing to work in Tucson, AZ.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be able to travel as required.
- Must submit an attestation disclosing COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines the job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news, and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 30 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond, Albuquerque, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
To apply for this job please visit www.nbcunicareers.com.