- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
As a Photojournalist you will be responsible for shooting and editing stories, including general news, sports and feature stories. Including vo’s, vosots, reporter packages, anchor packages and “Point of View packages.”
•Through the creative use of the camera, sound, lighting and editing, will provide the viewer with a story on a given topic.
•Will operate camera, live truck, and editing equipment for sales, promotions and news.
•Respond quickly to breaking news while taking direction and interacting with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room, and appropriate NBC personnel.
•As special projects editor, you will be responsible for editing sweeps stories, news & ET specials.
• Bilingual, English and Spanish command
• A minimum of 2-year experience shooting videotape and live remotes in a Broadcast station preferred.
• A minimum of 2-year experience non-linear Editing, with a strong background in computer skills.
• Lifting and carrying camera equipment ranging from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. for extended periods of time to shoot both in studio and on remote locations
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be able to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes:.
• Willingness to travel and work flexible hours
• Must be willing to work at the station in Phoenix, AZ.
• Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license and excellent driving record.
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
•Trade school or equivalent.
•Strong background in video shooting and editing with Adobe Premier, Photoshop, After Effects, Edius.
•Strong interpersonal and computer skills
•Great decision making skills in fast paced, high pressure deadline situations.
•Knowledge and ability to operate communication tools and stay connected with the assignment desk using email software, cell phone, messaging tools, and social networks
•Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Team player
• Flexible schedule, ability to work any day and time.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 30 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit www.nbcunicareers.com.