Bilingual Meteorologist (Job #57186BR)
October 6, 2020 by Comments Off on Bilingual Meteorologist (Job #57186BR)
- Full Time
- Phoenix, Arizona
· Tell the market’s weather stories in an interactive way that it connects with and captivates bilingual viewers across multiplatform formats.
· Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting the daily weather story and next weather maker with an emphasis on accuracy and integrity of data.
· Produce weather graphics and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources.
· Work with the weather team and producers to create complete coverage of weather. Also prepare and post forecasts for multiple platforms.
· Some live reporting and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required.
· Report on community feature stories happening around Arizona.
· Participate in special projects.
· Use of social media daily and especially during severe events.
· Minimum of two years’ experience as a television weather anchor or meteorologist.
· Degree in meteorology is preferred.
· Fluent bilingual English/Spanish speaker to include written word.
· External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
· Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
· Must have the ability to work flexible and sometimes long hours due to the nature of weather events.
· Ability to possibly work nights and weekends for coverage of weather events.
· Must be 18 years or greater.
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
· Must accept Solutions as NBC Universal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program
· Must have excellent driving record and active driver’s license.
· Experience with severe weather coverage, including but not limited to tornados, severe thunderstorms, ice and snow events.
· Passion to be a part of a major weather event, no matter when or where it happens.
· BS degree in meteorology preferred.
· Compelling on-air presence – crisp, clear, and confidant bilingual delivery.
· Should thrive working under the intense deadline pressure of television weather.
· Technologically savvy with strong computer skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
· Strong leadership qualities and self-motivation.
· Understanding of the demands of an on-air HD environment.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
To apply for this job please visit www.nbcunicareers.com.