Anchor/Producer – Entertainment (Job # 51553556)
October 5, 2022 by Comments Off on Anchor/Producer – Entertainment (Job # 51553556)
- Full Time
- Phoenix, Arizona
Website TelemundoAZ Telemundo Arizona
KTAZ is currently seeking an Anchor/Producer- Entertainment who will work closely with marketing, sales, digital, news producers, assignment desk editors, anchors, and reporters to produce news, entertainment and community content for broadcast and all digital platforms including OTT. This individual will be responsible for writing, editing, building graphics and video recording material.
This Individual must be able to cover news, trends, entertainment, community events, personalities and cultural shifts that are native to the internet and social platforms — with expertise, voice, depth, and original reporting.
· Responsible for the overall production of the Acceso Total segments, special projects and sales driven segments
· Develop the topics and all content ideas for the different segments
· Conceptualize, write, and edit stories in different formats (VO, VO/SOT & PKG)
· Coordinate script and storyline with correct video sources and graphics
· Ensure accuracy and correct spelling in graphics and banners
· Write, edit, and post content on our website
· Produce (write & edit) OTT content
· Create ideas that help elevate content and segment creativity
· Organize, plan, and execute tapings of stories from pre–production to post- production
· Book interviewees including high profile artists
· Write scripts and edit videos under tight deadlines
· Ability to post-produce the segments and digital content alone
· Write and edit tune in promos, headlines, and promotional teasers.
· Write descriptions of each story for the digital team to cut and upload segments to the website and OTT platforms
· Prepare music cue sheets on a weekly basis
· Produce live daily shows for big sporting events such as the World Cup and Olympics.
· Work closely with the Creative Services, Sales and News departments to execute special shows outside the typical Acceso Total Arizona broadcast.
· Work closely with Creative Services to create and optimize the content across all Telemundo AZ and ATAZ social media platforms
· Produce a minimum of 5 stories per week
· Ability to record and edit stories
· Lighting techniques knowledge
· Interview high profile artists and community leaders
· Interview and maintain good business relationships with station clients and partners
· Ability to adlib fluently
· Ability to read prompter naturally
· Ability to emcee public events
· Ability to participate and support event activations
· Excellent writing skills with journalistic integrity
· Organizes, plans, and executes entertainment live shots for local newscast
· Work with digital team and marketing team to develop & implement social media strategies to build our brand and attract viewers
· Produce, create, and post social media marketing across all Telemundo Arizona station social platforms (IG, Twitter, FB and TikTok)
· Work with Graphic Designer(s) to brainstorm and implement unique tentpole content for Staff & Talent to promote our brand
· Spearhead Social Media Playbooks for key events
· Set up of Paid Social Marketing campaigns
· Sourcing for content (approved images/videos) internally and from relevant social show pages to maintain social media channels
· Scheduling of posts based on brand goals and objectives
· Social Media monitoring and research
· Social media monthly reporting
· 5+ years as an anchor preferred
· Extensive pop culture and entertainment/celebrity knowledge
· Ability to multitask and work in a highly creative fast paced, dead-line driven environment
· Proven solid writing skills and editorial judgment
· Good interview skills
· Strong live reporting skills are necessary.
· Demonstrated self-starter
· Proven excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story
· Color correction, editing, music selection and special effects knowledge
· Excellent organizational skills
· Video editing proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Premier, After Effects, and Photoshop)
· Willingness to maintain a flexible schedule, travel, and work overtime with short notice
· Able to work a flexible schedules and shifts, including nights and weekends
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
· Must be 18 years or older
· Must have a valid DL and clear driving record
· English/Spanish required, both written and verbal
· Willing to work in Phoenix, AZ
· Must submit an attestation disclosing COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
· Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines the job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
· Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
· Outgoing and authentic personality
· Highly developed contacts within TV and film industry preferred
· Demonstrated experience as a far-reaching social media personality
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news, and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 30 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Fresno, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond, Albuquerque, Sacramento, Fresno, Salt Lake and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.
To apply for this job please visit www.nbcunicareers.com.