- Full Time
The News Anchor is responsible for local on-air delivery of newscasts and shooting, writing & editing story ideas daily. They will work closely with producers to ensure stories are accurately written and presented on the daily newscasts. Anchors are responsible for presenting local & national news and generating ideas to increase ratings. This position will report to the VP of News.
• Present newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner; including presenting breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts
• Conduct research to write and present stories that attract the viewer’s interest
• Will shoot, write & edit story ideas daily that attract the viewer’s interest.
• Write stories, headlines, and news updates for television, online and digital platforms.
• Work directly with E.P. and News Producer on story ideas and development.
• Present completed story with fair, accurate and community relevant content.
• Generate ideas and report breaking news either in studio or on location.
• Coordinate, organize and conduct interviews.
• Develop on-going “sweeps” style stories.
• Adhere to company mission, vision, and standards.
• Must abide by the NBC – Telemundo News Standards and Guidelines.
• Actively Involved sharing news content in Social Media platforms.
• Produce content for OTT .
• Follow NBC – Telemundo social media Policies and Standards.
• Make appearances before social and civic groups and at schools and colleges on behalf of the Station.
•Write and copy edit assigned scripts in newscasts.
• BA or BS in related field
• At least four years television anchor/reporter experience
• At least four years’ experience shooting, writing, and editing with good ratings track record
• Strong Spanish language skills (verbal & written)
• Enterprise reporting required
• Strong live reporting presence
• Be able to multitask and possess strong organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced news environment
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
• Must be willing to work in Phoenix, Arizona area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples — if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Must be able to participate in community, public events and/or Master of Ceremonies as requested by the station
• Must have flexibility in work schedule to work weekends and holidays.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID_19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVD-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process
• Possess strong leadership skills to influence a positive working environment in the newsroom
• Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
• High competitive nature
• Ability to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines
• Problem solving skills
• Creative with strong sense of community involvement for unique story ideas
• Strong writing skills with ability to connect on an emotional level
• General assignment reporting skills preferred
• Proven record of meeting deadlines and developing contacts
• Proven record of contributing story ideas
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit www.nbcunicareers.com.