Marketing / Promotions Director
September 23, 2022 by Comments Off on Marketing / Promotions Director
- Full Time
- Phoenix, Arizona
Website https://twitter.com/101bounce Sierra H Broadcasting
Locally Owned/ locally focused Radio Broadcast
Sierra H Broadcasting has an immediate opening for a full time Marketing/ Promotions Director for our radio stations; KAJM / KZCE. We are seeking an energetic and ambitious leader to oversee the promotions department and work in tandem with our leadership team to achieve market objectives. We are a Veteran founded, locally owned and operated, privately held company. We offer a creative, fun working environment with people who are passionate and have a positive and winning attitude.
Successful candidates must be performance-driven, results oriented, possess excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills. They must be a proactive problem solver with the ability to accomplish all tasks required to succeed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Work in tandem with the Program Director and Management Team as the stations’ brand manager
• Act as liaison between the promotions / programming, and sales / marketing leadership teams
• Creatively and consistently implement the programming strategy
• Create and implement non-traditional revenue generating programs
• Oversee all digital and social media initiatives, including web sites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Review and analyze social media analytics for effectiveness
• Assist in the development and management of website content
• Manage part time promotional staff and interns to include recruitment, training, scheduling, and managing performance
• Plan and execute assigned events, promotional activities, and special projects; coordinate all aspects of events including vehicles and equipment; promotion staff, prizes/giveaways; signage; website development; print advertising and the physical appearance; attend the events to manage on-site execution
• Manage, execute, and track all prizing and promotional programs to include loyal listener, Promo Suite, email blasts, and communication of contests to listeners, partners, and station departments
• Maintain listener databases and send weekly and monthly station e-blast as directed
• Proficiency with computer software and basic knowledge of Promo Suite, Basecamp, Photoshop, and Social Media Platforms
• Maintain and create beneficial relationships with community leaders, entertainment venues and concert promoters.
• Facilitate all listener inquiries in a friendly, professional manner
• Write and schedule traffic/production orders for promotional inventory
• Write broadcast and online contest copy and administrate contest execution
• Schedule and implement all station and talent appearances, live remotes, Street Team activities and contesting
• Ensure that all on-air promotions have proper paperwork and legal approval, inclusive of adequate contest rules, contractual agreements, and sponsorship agreements
• Maintain the promotional calendar with the Operations Manger and Program Directors direction to achieve market objectives
• Coordinate sales and station promotional activity outside the station
• Prepare purchase orders and P&L statements for events – obtain management and legal signatures for each PO and P&L
• Prepare recaps of all events including timeline, promos, on-air activity, communication to staff and listeners, event specifics, location, logistics, results and station ‘credit’ from listeners and advertisers
• Develop client promotional proposals for sales staff
• Develop creative and compelling on-air contests
• Works directly with sales department to acquire all elements needed for sales promotions i.e., copy, prizes, all complete event information etc.
• Attend and contribute to all applicable staff meetings
• Exercise excellent organizational skills
• Implement other marketing/promotional department duties as assigned by Program Director and General Manager
Minimum of 3-5 years in similar role in the media industry inclusive of managing special events. Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and Adobe required as well as strong organizational skills. Must be able to work quickly, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines. Exceptional communication skills required. A four-year degree in marketing, advertising or a related field is preferred. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be 21 or older and available to work evenings and weekends.
Sierra H Broadcasting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com