- Full Time
Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group in Phoenix, AZ, is looking for a digital savvy, highly motivated sales professional to join our digital and media advertising team selling marketing solutions to local small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs). You will be selling local advertising solutions for our innovative stations. Our ideal candidate will be goal oriented, is a relentless hunter, driving to win new businesses, and has a track record of exceeding monthly goals. If you are passionate about selling, have a deep knowledge of digital advertising principles and products, and possess excellent presentation and closing skills – then we’d love to talk to you!
This position requires a heavy amount of prospecting and lead-development with SMBs. We pride ourselves on simplifying the marketing process for our customers while helping advertisers track the impact of their campaigns and understand their advertising options. In short, we help our customers grow their business.
In this role, you will represent Salem’s Phoenix stations, 960 The Patriot, Faith Talk 1360, and Family Values Radio 1010. You will report directly to the Sales Manager and will work closely with all departments.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• You are self-motivated and results oriented
• You have an outgoing, resilient personality
• You enjoy the thrill of the hunt by bringing in new business
• You’re confident and not willing to accept average
* College degree or equivalent experience with 1-2 years of sales experience preferred.
* Media experience a must.
* Strong understanding of local market and understanding of the growing need for digital media in addition to standard media opportunities.
* A Demonstrated record of success in a fast paced, goal-oriented environment.
* Knowledgeable of Digital products and applications such as Search Engine Marketing, Audience and Search Retargeting, Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Management and Marketing, Digital Display, Website Development, and Email Marketing.
* Strong skills in planning, communicating, organizing, and in developing customer relationships.
* Ability to develop a strategic sales plan.
* Proficient in prospecting high potential accounts and setting up appointments with key decision makers with the ability to secure at least five appointments weekly with qualified prospects.
* Demonstrates effective listening skills and able to deliver compelling advertising presentations.
* Ability to develop a Digital Marketing plan that addresses client objectives and reaches the target audience.
* Effectively able to overcome client objections and articulate the value of recommended solutions.
* Strong problem solving, and analytical ability are essential.
Driver’s license and reliable transportation as this is an outside sales position and meeting clients and prospects is a must for this position. Compensation is commensurate with degree of experience and skills. Background check required.
This is a fabulous career opportunity for the right individual with one of the finest broadcasting companies in America. Come see how Salem is DIFFERENT and why we’ve been certified as a “Great Place to Work” and as a “Best and Brightest” equal opportunity employer.
Please apply online at: www.salemmedia.com/careers and search for Phoenix
To apply for this job please visit salemmedia.com.