KXCI Underwriting Account Executive
December 7, 2021 by Comments Off on KXCI Underwriting Account Executive
- Full Time
- Tucson, Arizona
SUMMARY: The Underwriting Account Executive manages an effective underwriting support program on behalf of KXCI. This position is responsible for acquiring and retaining client agreements resulting in a minimum of $150,000 in revenue with a goal of $200,000+. This will likely require relationships with 50-100 business and nonprofit supporters. In addition, the Underwriting Account Executive is responsible for creating and/or managing media sponsorships for local events which are vital for KXCI’s engagement with the community. The successful candidate will develop strong, long-term relationships with clients based on professionalism, effective sales techniques, and a commitment to client stewardship and service.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director or designee, the Underwriting Account Executive will:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, close, and maintain new and renewal underwriting clients including cash and trade accounts for all forms of program distribution, including on-air, online, streaming, podcasts, events, and more
- Conduct in-person, online, and phone sales calls on behalf of the station
- Research, contact, and acquire potential clients; maintain accurate files for all contacts that are current, organized, and accessible to other station staff
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Write effective underwriting copy in compliance with FCC guidelines and station policy; works with station staff to ensure timely and accurate broadcasting of all announcements
- Provide stewardship and customer service to all underwriting clients in a timely and professional manner
- Generate monthly sales reports; monitor and forecast revenue
- Work respectfully with diverse groups of stakeholders
In addition, the successful candidate will
- Participate in other station activities, including but not limited to station events and fundraising activities which may require working occasional weekends or evenings, or otherwise adjusting work hours to accommodate the needs of the job
- Represent station in the community as required
- Perform related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate should have:
- Familiarity with KXCI programs
- Enthusiasm for KXCI’s mission
- Prior sales and/or fundraising experience
- Time and priority management
- Proficiency with standard office productivity software such as Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both in-person and online, with the ability to write and present in a professional and motivating manner
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other team members
- Maintain a commitment to diversity, racial equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES:
- Three or more years of demonstrated success in sales or fundraising OR equivalent combination of education and experience in related/applicable areas
- A valid driver’s license
- Access to reliable transportation
- Experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system/database
- Knowledge of media sales
- Spanish language proficiency
- A combination of education and experience may be considered if it directly relates to the position and supports the ability to perform the job successfully.
The Foundation for Creative Broadcasting, dba KXCI, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our policy is to ensure equal employment opportunities in accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations and guidelines.
Like all of our team members, the Underwriting Account Executive will be expected to contribute to a work culture based upon respect, teamwork, and collaboration. Support the leadership team in ensuring equitable experiences, strengthening inclusion, and promoting a culture of inclusivity and belonging that embraces the contributions of all team members.
Our programs and employment are open to all. We value diversity and do not permit any discrimination against applicants, employees, or volunteers based on race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law or statute in any of our policies or programs. KXCI fosters a culture of inclusion with equity, honesty, diversity, visibility, creativity, and trust as core values.
The statements made herein are intended to describe the nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Position open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com