- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
KOLD News 13 is looking for a creative, aggressive, and visual photojournalist to join our award-winning news team. The candidate must be able to work in a highly functioning, experienced, talented newsroom. Must have experience with non-linear equipment and have an ability to function in a deadline environment. Candidate will also be required to contribute content to digital platforms. Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills needed. Candidate will be asked to work solo and with reporters and MMJs. If you have an eye for powerful pictures and an ear for great sound, this is the job for you.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Gather, shoot, and edit pictures, video, and sound for all platforms
– Work with assignment desk, reporters, producers and newsroom managers to cover daily news stories and meet all deadlines
– Work in conjunction with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered
– Maintain all station gear including but not limited to; cameras, cellphones, tablets, laptops, LiveU backpacks, and any other gear assigned
– Maintain station vehicle with regular auto detailing and maintenance checks
– Understand the editing process and all the technical aspects of Edius 8 editing software
– Use creative graphic and production techniques to enhance visual and audio storytelling
– Work independently and use solid judgement on all stories, images, and sound used within a news story
– Work under pressure in a rapidly changing news environment
– Make decisions quickly and accurately while coping with stress (not undue, but news is not for the faint of heart!)
– Work cooperatively as a team member under tight deadlines
– Contribute to and potentially lead projects within the team to continue to make our newsroom a world-class operation
– 1-2 years of experience as a television editor/photographer in a small to mid-market news station
– 1-2 years of experience operating communication tools and staying connected with an assignment desk or producing staff (e.g., use of e-mail, cell phone, messaging tools, etc.)
– 1-2 years of experience with non-linear editing
– 1-2 years of experience working with television production equipment
– Flexible work hours required, must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to: mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights, holidays, weekends and possible overtime hours.
– Must meet physical requirements, including medium to heavy lifting and carrying camera equipment up to 50 pounds for extended periods of time
– Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
– Must have the ability to interact professionally, respectfully and effectively with all internal employees and external organizations
– Must understand ethical issues concerning stories and use appropriate journalistic guidelines
– Must be willing to travel locally and regionally, sometimes on short notice
– Must have valid U.S. driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle record check
– Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
– Must be willing to live near and work in Tucson, AZ – Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
– UAS Drone Certification
– SNG Experience
– Experience with Edius non-linear editing systems
– Degree in communication or related field
– Positive attitude, strong work ethic, high degree of integrity and professionalism
– Interest in current local, regional, and national news
– Desire to learn emerging technology
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references (upload reel)
KOLD-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.