- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
Southern Arizona’s news leader is seeking a dynamic newscast producer. Are you a born storyteller? We’re looking for someone who lives for current events – who has excellent news judgment, superb writing skills, and a knack for showcasing stories for the viewer. We need a driven, creative producer who works well with a team of talented professionals to create compelling newscasts. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of the relationship between broadcast and digital/OTT platforms as well as how to build a newscast (not stack stories).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Line produce live newscasts daily
• Select content
• Write scripts
• Edit video
• Coordinate with digital producers on cross-platform content
• Communicate with anchors, assignment desk, field crews, and others to ensure execution of a high-quality newscast
• Produce live breaking news and special event coverage
• Participate in daily editorial meetings
• Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or a related field
• Self-starter skills
• Knowledge of and ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment as well as content management systems and social media
• Experience producing with multiple live sources preferred
• Excellent writing, showcasing, time management skills required
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.