- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
KOLD-TV, the Gray Television station in Tucson, Arizona, has an immediate opening for a full-time Producer/MMJ. This is a hybrid position that will involve both producing and reporting each week. Candidates need to have strong writing skills with excellent news judgment and creative showcasing skills. Candidates also need to be comfortable reporting live and on-air.
KOLD-TV, the Gray Television station in Tucson, Arizona, has an immediate opening for a full-time News Producer/Reporter to join our team. This is a hybrid position that will involve both producing and reporting each week.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Ability to properly use social media as a news-gathering tool
– Write and post stories for all digital and social media platforms
– Develop and pitch unique enterprise stories daily
– Work well with others
– Shoot, write, edit and present compelling stories, either solo or in collaboration with a photographer
– Participate in daily editorial decisions and long-term strategic newscast initiatives
– Computer knowledge including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications (Teams) and newsroom editing software (Edius)
– Responsible for the content and overall production of local newscasts
– Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news team
– Stack the rundown and manage the broadcast from the control room
– Demonstrate strong editorial judgment while following journalistic ethics and libel laws
– Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
– Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a collaborative manner with co-workers, supervisors, and viewers
– Flexibility to work varied shifts when necessary, including overnights and weekends
– Perform other duties as assigned
– College degree in journalism or related field required or equivalent professional experience
– Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle record check
– Flexibility in scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
– Must be willing to work in Tucson, Arizona
– Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
– Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
– Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.