- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
KOLD News 13 is Live, Local, Late-Breaking news coverage 24/7. The spirit of innovation is key to our growth as a market leader in news. The news department also produces various newscasts for the TEGNA FOX affiliate KMSB through an SSA agreement.
The Tucson metro area is one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas with over one million residents. Our 340+ days of sunshine makes it an ideal destination for outdoor activities.
KOLD News 13 in Tucson, Arizona seeks a News Director to lead our award-winning news department. The successful candidate must be a strong leader with excellent communication skills, a proven track record of innovating on digital platforms and recruiting and retaining news staff.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Execute daily strategic plans with staff
– Retain, recruit and grow top talent
– Manage and grow KOLD’s “Live, Local, Late Breaking” news brand
– Managing financial, technical, and human resources
– Script and story placement review and direction
– Team building, coaching, mentoring and direction for all team members
– Strong communication skills
– Build breaking news and weather coverage plans
– 5 years of previous newsroom leadership is required
– Strong editorial judgment
– Superior communication and organizational skills
– Degree in Journalism or Mass Communication is preferred
– Ability to work closely with other station department heads and managers within the company
– Ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple task s
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.