News Anchor/ Reporter OTT
September 9, 2022 by Comments Off on News Anchor/ Reporter OTT
- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
KOLD is looking for a skilled journalist to anchor breaking coverage from our News 13+ desk and to go live on our website, app, streaming channel, and social media to meet the need of today’s audiences. The ideal candidate is an innovative newsroom leader who understands broadcast and digital and will champion our growing multiplatform audience. We are looking for a self-starter with the ability to produce live content with an impact and who will work to gather and analyze information, schedule interviews, thrive on deadline, and set up shoots on various locations to produce unique content that is informative and relevant to our viewers. Help us take the next step forward in digital journalism while developing skills that will translate to any market or position in the future.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Direct your own workflow.
• Expand our reach and help us move our content into previously unexplored places.
• Build a relationship with our digital audience.
• Anchor streaming coverage of breaking news and livestream events.
• Identify content that would be relevant to our audiences and execute coverage from beginning to the end of a story.
• Create relevant content for our streaming platforms that both engage and attract audiences in our market.
• Produce and anchor news segments specifically for our streaming platforms.
• Create new workflows for streaming platforms that embrace new strategies and ideas.
• Work closely with our Digital Content Manager to innovate and execute new strategies for our streaming platforms.
• Assist in training other members of the team in streaming content and strategies.
• Experiment with new technologies and tools to refine workflows and processes.
• Contribute content to our digital and on-air platforms, including cross-promoting streaming content.
• Be a problem-solver when it comes to technical issues, production, and programming.
• Engage with several analytics and audience tools to help us listen to and understand our audience.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
*** Include your anchoring reel demonstrating your ability to ad lib ***
• College degree in journalism, broadcasting, or related field
• At least two years of experience reporting or anchoring
• Dynamic presence in reporting live, online and on air
• Strong understanding of the digital space, including streaming platforms
• Strong experience writing for print using AP style
• An open mind, attention to detail and a passion for getting the facts right
• Ability to present stories with solid vocal delivery, clarity and clear enunciation, ad lib, and write in a clear, concise, and conversational manner
• Experience with ENPS, BitCentral, Edius, social media, and digital content management platforms
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.