- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
News Anchor/Reporter (Mid Day)
Southern Arizona’s news leader is seeking a compelling anchor who will also report daily. Are you a born storyteller who loves to bring late-breaking news to a midday audience? KOLD has an immediate opening for an anchor/reporter to join our award-winning newsroom. This position requires exceptional news judgment, high work ethic, and a team-oriented approach to winning. Previous experience is required. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of the relationship between broadcast and digital/OTT platforms.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Anchor midday newscasts and report stories for the later shows and/or the following morning’s shows. The ideal candidate will be a strong reporter.
• Work with the news director and newsroom leaders to anchor new and existing midday shows.
• Write copy for all platforms
• Execute a daily digital plan tailored to your daily assignments and long-term projects. This includes posting to social media throughout your shift, identifying opportunities for live streaming on our website/OTT platforms/Facebook, getting breaking news, live and user-generated content into our newscasts.
• Understand our DMA and key target audiences
• Be a self-starter who can develop sources, able to go beyond press releases, and enterprise content
• Participate in daily editorial meetings
• Minimum two years of newsroom experience
• Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or a related field
• Self-starter skills
• The desire to win and the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback
• An established and responsible presence on digital platforms, including station website, social media and OTT
• Understanding of and adherence to AP Style and broadcast writing
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), proven news judgement, ethics and integrity
• Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills. Must be able to work quickly, meet deadlines, multi-task and show composure, especially during high-pressure breaking news moments.
• Ability to work long hours/overtime, weekends, and overnights as needed for breaking news and severe weather events.
• Experience with shooting and editing unique content
• MVR check required
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.