- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 101 television markets. Upon closing pending transaction, Gray will own television stations serving 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KOLD TV is a heritage station in Tucson Arizona. KOLD is a CBS affiliate and also carries METV and Circle TV on digital channels. KOLD also produces newscasts for KMSB, the TEGNA owned Fox affiliate in Tucson.
General Manager in Tucson Arizona will lead team in all aspects of local television broadcast, digital news and OTT. Lead sales and marketing efforts of station. Oversee all technology efforts of station. The ideal candidate will have experience as a General Manager in broadcasting with a background in broadcast sales as well. Candidate must also have demonstrated leadership ability to grow both broadcast and digital viewership and customer base while generating bottom line results.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Lead a fully functioning multi-platform media station with a focus on growing revenue and audience
• Be the primary leader in generating ratings and revenue. Develop strategic plans and operational plans for the station’s growth in multi-platform content delivery and revenue generation that is in alignment with the local brand
• Lead with positive motivation, direction and insight while holding team accountable for attainment of operational goals
• Encourage innovation across all levels of the organization
• Provide visible leadership both inside the station and the community. Develop strong relationships with key clients and other business partners
• Effectively communicate to department heads and all employees. Create a collaborative, team-based environment
• Provide training and development opportunities to team members
• Responsible for all aspects of financial statements and ensuring station compliance. Responsible for station operating and capital expense budgets
• Enforce all FCC, EEO, SOX and any other appropriate rules and regulations.
• Understand and adhere to company policies, and at all times adhere to the highest ethical standards.
• Work transparently with divisional general manager and other corporate team members to improve multi-platform operations
• Perform other duties as may be assigned
• Four-year degree
• 10+ years media experience, including experience as a GM and/or GSM
• Experience in a top 100 market preferred
• Ability and willingness to become a community leader
• Must pass pre-employment drug testing
• Valid Driver’s license and acceptable driving record required
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.