Digital Content/Newescast Producer
November 4, 2021 by Comments Off on Digital Content/Newescast Producer
- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
KOLD-TV, the Gray Television station in Tucson, Arizona, has an immediate opening for a full-time hybrid Digital Content and Newscast Producer. We are looking for someone who thrives on breaking news and is interested in achieving success in both digital and broadcast contention creation.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Ability to properly use social media as a news-gathering tool
– Write and post stories for all digital and social media platforms
– Develop and pitch unique enterprise stories daily
– Work well with others
– Participate in daily editorial decisions and long-term strategic newscast initiatives
– Computer knowledge including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications (Excel) and newsroom editing (Edius)
– Demonstrate strong editorial judgment while following journalistic ethics and libel laws
– Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
– Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a collaborative manner with co-workers, supervisors, and viewers
– Flexibility to work varied shifts when necessary, including overnights and weekends
– Perform other duties as assigned
– College degree in journalism or related field required or equivalent professional experience.
– Previous experience working/interning in a television newsroom required
– Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle record check
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Bachelors or better in Journalism or related field.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.