- Full Time
- Tucson, Az
KOLD-TV / CBS
JOB SUMMARY The Traffic Specialist is responsible for scheduling all commercials on the correct orders; maintaining relationships with third parties providing copy and copy instructions; working with sales to ensure correct copy; maintaining the dub list in the traffic system; managing the house numbers in the traffic system. This career opportunity is a great way to become an important part of a highly respected TV station and begin a career with Gray Media Group, Inc., an industry-leading television station group.
• Secure and input traffic instructions for advertisers across multiple channels or playlists
• Enter detailed copy information using Wide Orbit traffic software
• Maintain instruction files, spot library and various other traffic functions
• Work closely with local account executives and clients in a professional and timely manner
• Notify account executives of missing copy instructions
• Pre-empt spots due to no copy
• Maintain thorough/accurate communication between traffic hub, Sales and TMP operators.
• Create dub lists, ingest and segment all spots and paid programming (from various delivery Sites)
• Will be responsible for quality control on all spots and paid programming
• Become familiar with compatible video formats and transcoding methods.
• Heavy emphasis on attention to detail
• A strong work ethic, and a positive attitude are required
• Previous traffic experience is helpful but not required
• Be able to complete all assigned tasks and functions independently.
• Strong organizational and written skills
• Great communication and people skills
• Ability to learn and understand required software and systems, strong computer knowledge preferred
• Ability to manage your time wisely to meet deadlines. •
Ability to prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to close the logs in the appropriate timeline/manner.
• Openness to learning new skills, systems, software.
• Build positive relationships with co-workers including the Gray hub, sales management, AE’s and news production.
• Problem-solving ability – identify problems, suggest improvements/solutions. Look at processes through a new eye to streamline or make things better.
• Ability to save the station money by minimizing errors.
• There may be other various sales related job responsibilities that come up as this is an ever-changing business.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.