Multi Platform Local Sales Manager
April 1, 2022 by Comments Off on Multi Platform Local Sales Manager
- Full Time
This opportunity does not come around often! The Multi-Platform Local Sales Manager at KOLD NEWS 13 is responsible for overseeing all Local revenue for the station while leading a team of sellers in a positive and collaborative way.
Guide and oversee the Local Sales Teams’ selling efforts to achieve revenue goals with both Local Direct and Agency clients across all our available platforms.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Help develop and implement client focused advertising plans, new products, and effective sales presentations to generate New Local Direct Business.
• Assist Account Executives with Ad Agency spot negotiation business to maximize share of business and to sell sponsorships and promotions.
• Maintain effective internal systems and processes to ensure proper development of new and existing accounts and to help keep sellers on track to achieve their New Local Developed Business goals.
• Develop and maintain excellent Local Advertiser and Agency relationships making sales calls both on your own and with Account Executives.
• Manage inventory control, rate structure, and keep orders flowing into the traffic system
• Create and maintain Local Sales budgets. Track and accurately forecast pending business.
• Coach and train the sales team by keeping them up to date on product knowledge, leading positively by example.
• Interact with Creative Services, Marketing, Promotions and News teams on Sales related events and initiatives
• Have fun and celebrate wins!
• Minimum of three years’ experience in Local Broadcast/Digital Sales Management and a proven track record of leadership and sales success.
• Thorough understanding and a proven track record of success in Broadcast Spot TV advertising sales including development of New Local Direct Business and Ad Agency Spot and Share negotiation.
• Very good understanding of Digital Sales and Digital environment including Targeted Display, social media, OTT / Connected TV, Email marketing, and Paid Search.
• Well versed and adept in Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
• Extensive knowledge of TV station inventory and how it works, Wide Orbit and Sharebuilders experience a plus.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
• Passion for selling teaching, coaching, and leading.
• Track record of creative idea generation.
• Valid Driver’s license, and good driving record required.
• College Degree preferred or extensive industry experience.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
3 years: experience in Local Broadcast/Digital Sales Management and a proven track record of leadership and sales success
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.