- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
KOLD-TV was the first television station in Tucson when it signed on the air on January 13, 1953. KOLD-TV is a leading content brand in Tucson, Arizona. The station is the 65th largest television market in the United States and broadcasts more than 50 hours of local news a week. The Tucson metro area is one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas with over one million residents. Our 340+ days of sunshine makes southern Arizona an ideal destination for outdoor activities.
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring on-air signals on KOLD/KMSB and sub-channels, transmitter, FCC logs, as well as ingesting daily programming and commercials.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Strong organizational skills
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations
• Newscast Directing/Master Control/Production assistance experience a plus
• Knowledge of Ross Overdrive, Caprica, ENPS and Nverzion automation and playout systems preferred
• Must be able to work shifts of at least 8 hours and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
• Must be able to work non-standard shifts (i.e. overnight, weekend)
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time
• Ability to use a computer for tasks such as email, preparing reports, executing automation, and editing video
• Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.