- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
KOLD-TV, the Gray Television station in Tucson, Arizona, has an immediate opening for a full-time news producer and fill-in MMJ.
We are looking for an innovative producer who thrives on out-of-the-box thinking. This position will also require some on-camera MMJ work as needed.
Candidates need to have strong writing skills with excellent news judgment and creative showcasing skills. Candidates also need to be comfortable reporting live and on-air when required. We’re looking for an MMJ candidate who understands the storytelling process — enterprising, shooting, writing, editing, and presenting on camera.
Our crew assignments vary based on the story, so our MMJs must be equally comfortable working with a photographer or alone.
The successful candidate must have strong initiative, creative, detail-oriented, team player, and perform well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Digital storytelling is a key component for all newsroom employees. Candidates must be skilled in using digital and social tools to enhance stories, gather information, and engage with the audience.
Applicants must also be flexible and willing to work overnights, holidays, weekends or overtime hours as needed.
– Produce innovate newscasts, writing scripts, editing video, making/ordering graphics to tell stories, making maps, coordinate live shots with directors, production staff, and reporters
– Ability to property use social media as a news-gathering tool
– Write and post stories for all digital platforms when needed
– Develop and pitch unique enterprise stories daily
– Fill in as a Multimedia Journalist as needed
– Shoot, write, edit and present compelling stories, either solo or in collaboration with a photographer
– Write and post stories for all digital platforms
– Participate in daily editorial decisions and long-term strategic newscast initiatives
– Computer knowledge including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications (Excel) and newsroom editing (Edius)
– Demonstrate strong editorial judgment while following journalistic ethics and libel laws
– Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
– Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a collaborative manner with co-workers, supervisors, and viewers
– Flexibility to work varied shifts when necessary, including overnights and weekends
– Perform other duties as assigned
– College degree in journalism or related field required or equivalent professional experience.
– Previous experience working/interning in a television newsroom required
– Experience producing a television newscast
– Experience as an on-air television reporter
– Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle record check
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.