- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
KOLD-TV, the Gray Television station in Tucson, Arizona, has an immediate opening for a full-time Producer/MMJ.
This is a hybrid position that will involve both producing and reporting each week.
Candidates need to have strong writing skills with excellent news judgment and creative showcasing skills. Candidates also need to be comfortable reporting live and on-air. Team player mentality is a must. We’re looking for a candidate who understands the storytelling process — enterprising, shooting, writing, editing, and presenting on camera as well as the fundamentals of producing (stacking, writing and executing a newscast). Attention to detail is a must.
MMJs must be equally comfortable working with a photographer or alone.
The successful candidate must have strong initiative, creative, detail-oriented, and perform well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Digital storytelling is a key component for all newsroom employees. Candidates must be skilled in using digital and social tools to enhance stories, gather information, and engage with the audience.
Applicants must also be flexible and willing to work overnights, holidays, weekends or overtime hours as needed.
– Ability to properly use social media as a news-gathering tool
– Write and post stories for all digital and social media platforms
– Develop and pitch unique enterprise stories daily
– Work well with others
– Shoot, write, edit and present compelling stories, either solo or in collaboration with a photographer
– Participate in daily editorial decisions and long-term strategic newscast initiatives
– Computer knowledge including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications (Teams) and newsroom editing software (Edius)
-Responsible for the content and overall production of local newscasts
-Oversee all details of the broadcast while working closely with all members of the news team
-Stack the rundown and manage the broadcast from the control room
– Demonstrate strong editorial judgment while following journalistic ethics and libel laws
– Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
– Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a collaborative manner with co-workers, supervisors, and viewers
– Flexibility to work varied shifts when necessary, including overnights and weekends
– Perform other duties as assigned
– College degree in journalism or related field required or equivalent professional experience.
– Previous experience working/interning in a television newsroom required
– Experience as an on-air television reporter
– Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle record check
-Flexibility in scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
-Must be willing to work in Tucson, Arizona
-Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
-Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples
-Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
-Team player attitude a must
-Basic understanding of Windows-based electronics and ability to learn ENPS, Edius, Arc, and new systems as implemented
-Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.