- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
The IT/Engineering Manager works with a diverse technical team of IT/Broadcast engineers and is responsible for overseeing local network infrastructure, IT/broadcast documentation, end-user support and co-manages a team of two broadcast engineers. As KOLD’s “face” for end user technical support, the IT/Engineering Manager must have a great customer service attitude with the ability to work with end-users of various technical knowledge. Because the IT/Engineering Manager is a unique and diverse position that requires working with RF and niche information technology equipment, the selected candidate must have strong multitasking, technical and project management skills with the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment. The IT/Engineering Manager must also possess a strong technical aptitude for electronics, RF and information technology.
• Overseeing the operations and project management of critical IT systems and end-user support within a broadcast environment (Cisco iOS knowledge or related experience is a plus)
• Co-managing a team of two broadcast engineers alongside the Assistant Chief Engineer and reports directly to the Chief Engineer
• Installing, repairing and maintaining computer hardware and software with various OS and hardware requirement needs for a broadcast environment (Edius, ENPS experience a plus) including PCs, proprietary servers, IRDs, A/V routers, KVMs (Avocent and Raritan experience desired), etc.
• Maintaining, operating, documenting, and administering all aspects of a legacy Avaya PBX telephone system including wiring, programming voice-mail and phone ports.
• Degree and/or certification(s) in Electronics, Engineering, Computer Science and/or IT related field preferred
• Minimum 3 years of managing mission critical IT environments at a television station, production facility or related operation
• Experience in field operations including ENG/SNG, satellite, microwave, & IP news-gathering technologies a plus
• Must possess a strong technical aptitude and solid understanding of current broadcast systems, network technologies, servers, desktop, monitoring, end-user support and the Microsoft’s Active Directory environment (VM servers, RF, OTT, and/or VOD experience a plus)
• Must be extremely team-oriented and communicative with a great attitude while also having a willingness to learn quickly as a leader in a fast-paced television environment
• Ability to read, create and actively maintain detailed Microsoft Visio and/or CAD documentation is required
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and non-technical end users with a professional demeanor and great attitude
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.