Digital Content Producer
January 26, 2023 by Comments Off on Digital Content Producer
- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
KOLD News 13 is looking for a creative, aggressive, and attentive digital journalist to join our award-winning news team. The candidate must be able to work in a highly functioning, experienced, talented newsroom. Must have experience with non-linear equipment and have an ability to function in a deadline-driven environment. This person will produce engaging content for our digital and social platforms. The ideal candidate has a knack for news and speaks the social media language. This position is not for someone who wants to sit around and wait for the news to come to them!
Duties/Responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Writes AP-style news stories daily for digital platforms
• Sends breaking news and trending push alerts
• Ensures factual, grammatical, and legal accuracy online and upholds the station’s established journalistic standards to avoid editorial bias
• Coaches and collaborates with reporting staff to take advantage of the presentation of their stories on website and on social media
• Has knowledge of and uses effective SEO practices
• Regularly reviews web metrics and adjusts content to optimize the display of the site to viewer interests
• Communicates effectively with producers to incorporate web and social elements into newscasts
• Posts engaging content on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Creates memes, videos, and graphics for social engagement
• Utilizes analytics to track trends and in making daily decisions
• Live-streams events
• Plans and builds special site sections and features that highlight coverage, link platforms and encourage user engagement
• Edits video using non-linear software; knowledge of Edius preferred
• Strong verbal/written communications skills and knowledge of AP Style required
• Ability to work well under pressure and well with a diverse group of people required
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem-solving abilities required
• Ability to balance the demands of both long and short-term projects while meeting daily deadlines required
• College degree in journalism preferred
• Solid understanding of social media and analytics preferred
• 1-2 years newsroom and digital content producing experience preferred
• Willingness to work flexible shifts and be on call required
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
KOLD-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.