- Full Time
- Tucson, AZ
Are you a hands-on leader with a passion for news? KOLD-TV in Tucson, Arizona is looking for an Assistant News Director to help lead a team of award-winning Journalists. The ideal candidate will have strong news judgment and a competitive fire to drive growth on all platforms. The Assistant News Director will also be responsible for the schedule, planning specials and special reports and helping plan the long-term strategy of the news department.
Strong leadership and communication skills are a must. This is not an office job. This is a job for someone who wants to be involved in daily news coverage.
General Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
– Manage and schedule staff that produces 50+ hours of local news content a week on KOLD and KMSB
– Review daily newscasts and other content for quality control and provide feedback to news staff
– Mentor news staff and provide regular feedback
– Proofread scripts written by news team
– Implement and grow station’s brand and image across multiple platforms
– Foster a winning newsroom culture focused on high-level execution of weather and breaking news coverage
– Work with management team to plan and execute big event coverage
– Be an advocate for innovation and its application to news processes
– Great people skills with emphasis on coaching, motivating and mentoring
– Must be able to handle several tasks at once
– Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, broadcast media or related field
– Minimum five years of experience in television news
– Previous experience as an Assistant News Director or Executive Producer is required
– High-level understanding of journalistic ethics
– Ability to adjust and excel while working a flexible schedule
– Drug screen and MVR check required.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.