- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
Website Gray Local Media
Master Control Supervisor
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Arizona’s Family (KTVK & KPHO) is a media powerhouse located in Phoenix, Arizona. The purpose of Arizona’s Family is to empower Arizonans to live their best lives. Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona’s Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week. CBS 5 is Arizona’s Most Watched Television Station driven by the power of CBS programming and sports while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona’s Family doesn’t stop with linear television, azfamily.com is the market’s top performer in local multi-platform uniques. It is also home to Arizona’s Family Originals, our in-house original content production team that is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona that has more than 300,000 downloads to date. But at the heart of it all is our commitment to Arizona. Community is the cornerstone of all we do at Arizona’s Family raising millions of dollars for charities across Arizona each year, creating a movement of kindness through our Surprise Squad and Pay it Forward initiatives, and providing Christmas to more than 50,000 Arizona children each holiday season are just some of the many examples of our commitment to our viewers and the great state 48.
KTVK/KPHO is in search of a Master Control Supervisor that will monitor the on-air signal of multiple television stations and switch sources to air using Harris Automation as well as a manual master control switcher. Also Ingests programs, commercials and promos as needed.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– 70% Operates technical hardware and systems related to on-air operations. Monitors on-air signal of multiple television stations and switches sources to air using Harris Automation as well as a manual master control switcher. Records satellite feeds and ingests programs, promos, and commercials into playout servers. Video editing as required.
– 15% Documents on air operations through logs and reports including recording transmitter readings and writing discrepancy and shift reports
– 10% Communicates issues and problems to management and other personnel at local and remote facilities to ensure all material is ready for air.
– 5% Participates in projects and special assignments as requested by management.
– Completion of high school or equivalent is required.
– At least 3 years of successful experience in a broadcast television station master control or operational/technical department is required.
– Experience providing master control/operational support to multiple stations is highly preferred.
– Experience with Harris Automation is highly preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Must be able to work flexible, varying shift schedules as needed including early mornings, overnights, and weekends.
– Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and complete work assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
– Must be adaptable and flexible with the ability to shift focus on new priorities.
– Good interpersonal skills.
– Good verbal and written communication skills.
– Must be team oriented and have had past successful experience working in a team environment.
– Must have good organizational and time management skills.
– Must be able to follow directions and dependably complete work assignments.
– Must be technologically proficient.
– Strong or intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
3 years: successful experience in a broadcast television station master control or operational/technical department is required.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.