- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
Website Gray Local Media
Master Control Operator FT
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Arizona’s Family (KPHO & KTVK) is a media powerhouse located in Phoenix, Arizona. The purpose of Arizona’s Family is to empower Arizonans to live their best lives. Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona’s Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week. CBS 5 is Arizona’s Most Watched Television Station driven by the power of CBS programming and sports while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona’s Family doesn’t stop with linear television, azfamily.com is the market’s top performer in local multi-platform uniques. It is also home to Arizona’s Family Originals, our in-house original content production team that is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona that has more than 300,000
KPHO-KTVK has an exciting opportunity to work behind the scenes in the television industry as a Master Control Operator.
Monitor proper and accurate broadcasting of all KTVK-KPHO broadcast channels. The opportunity will include (but not be limited to) the following:
1. Keep accurate transmitter and program logs.
2. Switch breaks and programming for over the air broadcast channels.
3. Check next days logs for missing material.
4. Dub commercials, promos and PSA’s for air.
5. Check quality of program feeds prior to airtime
6. Segment syndicated programming
7. Record satellite program feeds
8. And other duties as assigned
– ADC automation experience a plus.
– Computer experience and willingness to learn are a must. Experience in master control is preferred, but training will be provided.
– Availability for weekend mornings, some weekdays a.m. and holidays.
– A successful applicant will be dependable, focused, detail-oriented, and able to work under pressure with strict deadlines and have strong multi-tasking skills.
– Needs to work and communicate well with others, but also be a self-starter.
Required High school diploma or equivalent
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.