- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
Website Gray Local Media
Graphics & Motion Artist
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Arizona’s Family (KTVK & KPHO) is a media powerhouse located in Phoenix, Arizona. The purpose of Arizona’s Family is to empower Arizonans to live their best lives. Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona’s Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week. CBS 5 is Arizona’s Most Watched Television Station driven by the power of CBS programming and sports while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona’s Family doesn’t stop with linear television, azfamily.com is the market’s top performer in local multi-platform uniques. It is also home to Arizona’s Family Originals, our in-house original content production team that is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona that has more than 300,000 downloads to date. But at the heart of it all is our commitment to Arizona. Community is the cornerstone of all we do at Arizona’s Family raising millions of dollars for charities across Arizona each year, creating a movement of kindness through our Surprise Squad and Pay it Forward initiatives, and providing Christmas to more than 50,000 Arizona children each holiday season are just some of the many examples of our commitment to our viewers and the great state 48.
Arizona’s Family (KTVK & KPHO) Marketing Department is in search of a Graphics and Motion Artist. Create visual and motion-based design assets for station branding projects. Design 2D and 3D graphics for multiple media, including television, digital, social, and print applications. Will produce graphic design assets for other producers/editors/managers in the Marketing Department. Will also conceptualize, design, and edit complete marketing and branding projects. Will manage station graphics package, visual branding guidelines, keeper of the style guide for Arizona’s Family, home to 3TV (KTVK), CBS 5 (KPHO) and azfamily.com. Assist news as needed. Other duties as assigned.
With the Director of Marketing, create and maintain a consistent, effective visual brand for stations, news content presentation and marketing applications.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Create visual and motion based graphics for a variety of projects, including station branding across multiple digital, streaming and broadcast platforms.
– Create graphics for print ads, event signage, and various collateral.
– Shoot photos.
– Edit videos for multiple platforms and projects.
– Use CMS to post web graphics and create web content.
– Keep current on the latest industry standards and equipment. Will assist with software decisions regarding graphic systems, and other computers within Marketing Department.
– Maintain archive library of all graphics and animation produced. Organize system that will allow quick access for others.
• Advanced design, motion graphics creation, and video editing and compositing skills.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, and related 2D or 3D graphics and editing software and plugins.
• Knowledge of VIZRT/Chyron graphic software, or ability to learn.
• Videography, photography, and lighting skills.
• Strong understanding of visual marketing and advertising philosophy and techniques.
• College degree or equivalent job experience in graphic design or video production.
• Operating knowledge of PC’s and graphics computers.
• Ability to perform tasks associated with basic office duties.
• Good organizational filing skills.
• Work well with staff and clients.
• Must be able to represent station publicly in a positive, professional manner.
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.