- Full Time
- Phoenix AZ,
Website Gray Local Media
Digital Content Producer
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Arizona’s Family is the premier news and information destination for the Phoenix-metro area, serving nearly 7-million people who call the valley home. The hyper-local Independent spirit of 3TV backed by the investigative power of CBS 5, Arizona’s Family delivers more original content, live breaking stories, and in-depth coverage on issues that matter most to the people of Arizona. All on the platform of your choice: on-air, online, social media, podcasting and streaming TV devices.
The Digital Content Producer is responsible for writing for and managing AZ Family’s digital media platforms. Duties include, but are not limited to, writing news stories under tight deadlines, sending breaking news push alerts, gathering and creating content for all digital platforms, engaging social media users and working with the news staff to coordinate the station’s digital presence
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Producing dynamic written and video news content in a fast-paced environment for distribution across all digital and streaming platforms
· Working quickly to send out breaking news, weather, and traffic alerts, including push notifications, social media updates and web stories that are updated as news develops
· Collaborating with members of the digital team and the newsroom to produce and distribute news content that meets our high standards
· Posting to our online and social media platforms using digital publishing tools, video editing software and other resources
· Creating innovative and user-friendly elements for consumption across our platforms, including photo galleries, interactive charts, and other embedded content
· Attention to detail and willingness to learn are imperative
· Additional duties as assigned, including conducting interviews for stories to appear in a digital format or on air.
· 2-4 years’ experience producing news and social media content
· An ability to effectively multitask and prioritize tasks to meet numerous deadlines through the day
· BA or BS in Journalism/Communications/English or equivalent background
· A strong passion for innovative storytelling, news gathering and lifelong learning
· Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
• Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
2-4 years: experience producing news and social media content
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.