Multimedia Journalist, KNXV – JR026501
August 25, 2021 by Comments Off on Multimedia Journalist, KNXV – JR026501
- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
Multimedia Journalist, KNXV
KNXV the Scripps ABC station in Phoenix is looking for a passionate, and ambitious self-starter Multimedia Journalist to join our news team. You must be a great storyteller and know how to cultivate strong sources to enterprise fresh lead stories.
We seek candidates who are strong on social media, enthusiastic, talented, and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing, and delivering stories that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment! Our commitment is to strong enterprise and investigative content to engage viewers with relevant, timely news that’s important to the local communities we serve.
Your application needs to include a reel to your work that demonstrates creative and dramatic live storytelling abilities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms.
· Receive assignment or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop enterprise story ideas.
· Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
· Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
· Shoot video and capture images to illustrate stories.
· Edit, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
· Appear on television program when conducting taped interview or narration.
· Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
· Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
· Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
· Assist online staff in preparing for multimedia stories.
· Report, write, capture quality visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
· Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
· Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
· Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
· Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
· Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
· Proficient at posting content to various websites.
· Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
· Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the nation’s fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To apply for this job please visit scripps.com.