Investigative Reporter, KNXV – JR031441
May 1, 2023 by Comments Off on Investigative Reporter, KNXV – JR031441
- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
E.W. Scripps Media Inc d/b/a KNXV-TV ABC15 and KASW-TV CW61
KNXV, the award-winning E.W. Scripps ABC station in Phoenix, Arizona is on the hunt for an experienced and aggressive Investigative Journalist. If you are ready to change state laws, shed light on corruption, fight for every FOIA and dig through all the documents to reveal broken systems, this is the role for you. The right person will be a true storyteller who knows how to weave the emotion of central characters through a story while unraveling complicated issues in a relatable way. This is a station that is known for impactful investigations that win awards and, most importantly, create positive change for our communities. If that is something you want to be a part of, apply now.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Develop, create and research news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
· Uncover stories through investigation and research.
· Use computer database to research statistics and facts.
· Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
· Organizes material, determines emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
· Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
· Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
· Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration.
· Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
· Write and produce quality news stories for multiple media platforms.
· Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
· Assist online staff in preparing for multimedia stories.
· Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related experience.
· 5+ years as a news writer with a background in enterprise or investigative journalism preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
· Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel law.
· Solid understanding and demonstration of multimedia file formats and strong computer skills.
· Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws impacting operations.
· Knowledge and proficiency in posting content to television station websites.
· Must be a team player and adapt to developing situations quickly.
· Must be an excellent conversational writer with solid news judgement and a positive attitude.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
SCRIPPS’ COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Scripps News and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery and Laff. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
To apply for this job please visit scripps.com.