- Full Time
- Phoenix, AZ
Website Arizona's Family KTVK 3TV KPHO CBS 5
DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER – KTVK/KPHO
We’re looking for a Digital Content Producer with a passion for innovative online storytelling and who embraces change. We take pride in creating trusted, fair, and factual content for our audiences on multiple platforms. Among the responsibilities in this role, you’ll be required to research, edit, and write online news content under tight deadlines, create unique content for all our platforms, including OTT, monitor and create engaging content for our social media platforms, assist with assignment desk duties as needed, and be an active, forward-thinking member of the digital news team.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Producing dynamic, conversational multimedia news stories in a fast-paced 24/7 newsroom environment for all of our digital platforms, including OTT and social media.
• Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange information related to assigned tasks.
• Gathers meaningful news information from various sources. They also generate story ideas, discern credible news tips, schedule news crews, and take live feeds.
• Ability to quickly and calmly respond to high-stress events, including breaking news, weather, and traffic alerts, including push notifications, social media updates, and web stories with in-depth factual details as situations develop.
• Be an active member of the digital content team and the entire newsroom. You will be expected to research and pitch story ideas, support other members of the team, take ownership of stories, and participate in editorial meetings
• Create content for social media platforms using digital publishing tools, video editing software, and other resources
• Finding ways to tell online stories with unique digital elements to enhance our audience’s experience across all digital platforms, including photo galleries, interactive charts, and other embedded content
• Attention to detail, keeping all stories current, willingness to improve and learn is imperative
· 2-4 years’ experience producing news content for TV or digital platforms
· An ability to effectively multitask and prioritize tasks to meet numerous deadlines throughout the day
· BA or BS in Journalism/Communications/English or equivalent newsroom experience
-Previous experience as an assignment editor is a plus
· A strong passion for innovative storytelling and newsgathering
· Flexibility with scheduling and assigned work shifts, including weekends and holidays
· Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a desire to be #1
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a can-do attitude
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona’s Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week. CBS 5 is Arizona’s Most-Watched Television Station, driven by the power of CBS programming and sports, while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly-rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona’s Family doesn’t stop with linear television. Azfamily.com is the market’s top performer in local multi-platform unique users. It is also home to Arizona’s Family Originals. Our in-house original content production team is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries, and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona, which has more than 700,000 downloads.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.
To apply for this job please visit gray.tv.