The Arizona Broadcasters Association continues to work hard on your behalf to decrease costs and increase revenue as we all look towards ways of improving business practices. Our priorities and mission for our members are to Serve, Educate & Advocate.
- Government Relations: The ABA has numerous in-district and Washington, DC meetings with members of the Arizona Congressional Delegation and have filed several FCC petitions for; the Local Radio Freedom Act to protect against the Performers Right Act (Performance Tax), TV Spectrum & Re-Packing Plan and obstacles for TV Translators and Ad Tax Deductability. These examples of advocacy before the FCC illustrate how vigorous the ABA, and participating State Broadcasters Associations, are protecting and advancing the best interests of free, local, over-the-air radio and television.
- Free Legal Hotline: Hosted by our Washington DC counsel on retainer, for all your FCC & Broadcast issue questions.
- FCC Alternative Broadcast Inspection Program (ABIP): The ABA’s Alternative Broadcast Inspection Program (ABIP) is another benefit, provided to you at discounted member’s rates, that allows TV & Radio stations to voluntarily be inspected by an authorized inspector, protecting you from a routine FCC inspection/fines. Passing the voluntary inspection provides you with a 3-year moratorium from a routine FCC inspection.
- Revenue Producing On-Demand Training: Investing in your success, the ABA provides the latest on-demand training for your entire staff. We have teamed up with P1Learning to offer you 24/7 on-demand training campus, hundreds of interactive courses, tests and written materials for Sales, Leadership/Management, Programming and HR/Administration. P1Learning has developed a Thinkzoom platform with new expanded courses as well as quarterly P1Plus one-on-one training for your new sales hires. Again, this is FREE to ABA members.
- Online & Social Community: The ABA website is a one-stop resource for industry news, pertinent forms, links and announcements, and is designed to provide you easier access to the latest information on FCC, Congressional and State legislative issues. We have our own career page for members use, in addition to access to the National Broadcasters Career Page. Your membership directory profile includes your station’s logo, contact information and link to your website. The ABA is also on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn to keep you informed on industry issues and events on your mobile devices.
The ABA has been serving Arizona’s radio and television stations since 1952, and we are growing stronger and improving our services to you every year to help you remain profitable and significant. We want you to know that your trade association is with you every step of the way and helping you be as successful as possible.
Thank you in advance for your membership!