Here are some notes that may help stations registering all C-band earth station dishes and are wondering about reimbursement from SES.
Remember: radio and television stations must register their C-Band earth stations with the FCC by October 17th, or they may not receive interference protection from new 5-G broadband services that will be sharing the band.
The FCC may reassign some C-band spectrum for terrestrial use.
Earth Station registration is crucial in order to be considered by the FCC for protection from future operations. Let the FCC know where your earth station is located by either:
1. Certifying that any registrations made prior to April 19, 2018 are accurate, OR
2. Registering all unregistered C-band earth stations with the FCC before October 17, 2018.
SES is here to help!
1. Email us anytime with any questions: FCCregistration@ses.com
2. Website with instructions and forms: https://www.ses.com/fcc-registration-or-licensing-c-band-antenna
3. Twitter: @SES_NAMP and @SES_Satellites
4. Phone line that reaches directly to an SES Regulatory contact for any questions a member may have about registration: 609-987-4300
5. Reimbursement by SES may be available to U.S. C-band Earth Station operators that submit new registrations for C-band antennas operating in the contiguous United States (i.e., cable systems, radio broadcasters, video broadcasters, DTH providers, video programmers, MVPDs, etc.; not in Hawaii and Alaska), subject to the following conditions: (i) proof of submission of the FCC registration fee must be submitted to FCCregistration@ses.com by October 31, 2018; (ii) only new registrations submitted between July 25, 2018 and October 17, 2018 are eligible for reimbursement; (iii) reimbursement is limited to the registration fee of $435 per Earth Station; and (iv) reimbursement is at all times subject to the availability of appropriate funds by SES. No other charges or costs will be reimbursed by SES. Operators' eligibility is not dependent on the size of their operations, but our goal is to assist those for whom the cost of the fee is a barrier to registration.
6. In order to be considered eligible for reimbursement, according to the information in bullet #5 above, please attach and send your confirmation of payment from the FCC to FCCregistration@ses.com. Once received, it will be checked to determine eligibility status. If eligible, it will be reimbursed. We are currently working on the method of reimbursement and will keep you updated. Please note that SES may request a W-9 from your company in order to process the reimbursement. We thank you in advance for your patience. If you are not eligible for reimbursement for any reason, we will notify you.
7. For operators with, or entities serving, large numbers of earth stations at geographically diverse sites (more than 25 sites), please contact FCCregistration@ses.com to discuss a method for doing so using a batch filing approach.