FCC fines in December and January: What to make sure you avoid!
February 4, 2021 by Arizona Broadcasters Association Uncategorized Comments Off on FCC fines in December and January: What to make sure you avoid!
Each month, the ABA asks our Washington-based law firm partner to flag us on any FCC violations for broadcasters. In December and January, the FCC’s media bureau issued violations that included:
- FCC affirms $233K fine against radio group for sponsorship ID violations
- FCC proposes $47 million in fines for not meeting education requirements
- Texas wholesaler fined $22K for using signal jamming device
- Florida broadcaster faces $125K penalty for lighting and contest violations
- FCC announces Pirate Radio enforcement will target property owners
The Arizona Broadcasters Inspection Program (ABIP) protects member stations from routine FCC inspection and fines, and we’re slowly getting back in action after a COVID-19 hiatus. For those of you who don’t currently participate in ABIP, here’s more info. In these challenging times, the ABA will work with stations however necessary financially to make sure they can take advantage of ABIP.